My Genius Idea

I hate meal planning. I'm not sure why I hate it so much--maybe because I miss dairy-rich comfort foods or maybe because it reminds me of being pregnant and the misery of having to prepare 20 meals a week while exhausted and while everything just sounds gross. Bottom line: I always drag my feet when it gets to be that time of the week.

So anyway, I had this genius idea a while back to start a rotating menu. Just make a long-term meal plan (for a month or more), and then use it over and over again. Voila! No more meal planning. :) So I finally got around to making it, and yesterday was my first day on the rotating menu plan. We'll see how it goes.


I also had the idea to make a shopping list template for each week on the rotating menu plan, and then it saves me from having to do that each week too. Now if only I didn't have to go to the grocery store... ;)

3 comments:

  1. I'm impressed! And i like the idea, so much so, that i'm going to steal it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have another great sister in law that does this and loves it. Let me know how it goes. I've debated it, but am afraid I'd want to change it up enough that it would be counter productive or that I'dd get tired of the repetition. But then again. I tend to repeat a lot of the same meals anyway. Maybe I'll try it. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool! And I'm excited to get to see 30+ ideas for meals from your calendar!

    ReplyDelete