Chicken and Rice

This is one of my favorite childhood meals, so it's a comfort food for me. Liz can't have it (TONS of dairy), but maybe once a year I'll make it just to indulge myself. Scott really likes it too. One of the exciting things about Liz being in kindergarten is that now I can make some of my favorite comfort foods for lunch while she's gone during the day. Last week we had stroganoff (yum!) and the week before it was tuna casserole (heaven!). This week I'm making this...

Ingredients:

  • 3/4 square of butter
  • 1 1/3 c. uncooked rice
  • 1 can cream of mushroom soup
  • 1 can cream of celery soup
  • 1 can cream of chicken soup
  • Chicken (bone-in is best because it's more moist, but I'm not a huge fan of bone-in so I use boneless breasts)
  • Salt
  • Pepper
  • Paprika
(Note: You can use any combination of cream soups.)

Directions:
  1. Melt butter in skillet. 
  2. Mix in rice.
  3. Add the soups, undiluted, and mix everything together.
  4. Spread in a greased casserole or dripper pan.
  5. Place chicken pieces on top.
  6. And salt, pepper, and paprika to taste.
  7. Cover with foil.
  8. Bake at 300 degrees for 2 1/2 hours.

1 comment:

  1. Success! I'm so glad you posted this. #nailedit #forreal

    ReplyDelete