Firecracker Chicken

Firecracker Chicken
* This is not too spicy, but I make a little but without the sauce for the kids. This might be the only meal that I adjust a little for the boys. Sometimes I forget and they eat it fine.

2-4 T canola oil
3-4 chicken breasts ( I often just use 2, but keep the other quantities the same)
salt and pepper
1 c cornstarch
2 eggs, beaten

sauce
1/3 c hot sauce ( I use sriracha hot sauce. yum)
1c brown sugar
1T water
2 t. apple cider vinegar

bake 325

Heat oil at medium heat. Cut chicken into one inch pieces, season with salt and pepper. Coat in cornstarch. Dip chicken in whisked eggs and place in hot skillet. Cook until just browned (it will finish cooking in the oven). Put in single layer in casserole dish. Mix sauce ingredients and pour over chicken. Cook one hour turning once to coat chicken. Serve over rice.  

No comments:

Post a Comment