Potato Fajitas

So randomly, I decided to try an all vegan dinner week.  And let me tell you, it is kicking my trash!  I have to tell you, Em, that I am seriously impressed that you do this all day, everyday.  But hopefully you can use some of these recipes for Lizzy. 

Potato Fajitas

INGREDIENTS

3 medium potatoes
1/2 medium onion
1/2 large green bell pepper
1 TBS garlic
1/2 TBS cumin
1/2 TBS chili powder
Dash of red pepper flakes
2 TBS vegetable oil 
Salt to taste

Honestly, I do all of the spices to taste. 

1. Boil the potatoes whole until nearly tender in the middle. Take off stove and rinse with cold to stop the cooking. When cool, cube potatoes. 
2. Thinly slice the onion and pepper. 
3. Heat oil in pan and then put onion, garlic and peppers in.  After onion and peppers cook 1 minute, add cumin, chili powder, salt and red pepper flakes. Cook on high heat for 7 - 10 minutes. Veggies will be soft looking but not carmelized. 
4. Add potatoes (more salt of needed) and cook another 5 minutes. 

5 comments:

  1. So do you serve it on a tortilla? I actually am not a big fan of true vegan meals. I used to make a vegan meal one night a week, but it was always pretty disappointing. Maybe it was just the recipes I was using.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a student write a paper once, arguing that Americans should make "Meatless Mondays" part of their lifestyle. I thought it was an awesome idea, but I'm just so used to having meat/chicken/fish as the main course for dinner every night that if I don't have meat/chicken/fish it doesn't feel like a real meal to me. I guess I need to retrain my brain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We ate these with tortillas and it was pretty good. I really like the idea of Meatless Mondays, mostly because it saves us money. We've decided to try it out. I'd post my other vegan recipes but we didn't like them very much or at least the kids didn't like them. However, I highly recommend the tomato curry. That was pretty good for vegan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We ate these with tortillas and it was pretty good. I really like the idea of Meatless Mondays, mostly because it saves us money. We've decided to try it out. I'd post my other vegan recipes but we didn't like them very much or at least the kids didn't like them. However, I highly recommend the tomato curry. That was pretty good for vegan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you peel the potatoes before you boil them, or leave the skin on? I'll have to give your vegan recipes a try. :)

    ReplyDelete